Friday, July 11, 2014

Been a little bit but another Blue Wave refractor comes home!


Staying true to my promise, I'm not going to bore you with all the base 2013 Topps Chrome cards I've added to my collection in the past week. Today this cool card came in the mail and I'm off to find the next one to add to this set collection that I think will take a very long time. Luckily there are not all the variations as one finds in the regular set. These are noted by A or B at the end of the card number. The only way of telling the short prints (and there are short prints of many of the big stars as well as the big name rookies like Geno Smith and Marcus Lattimore) is to search on Ebay at this point. The only thing that differs is the photo used and the rarity of the card. The "B" cards I believe fall at one per case so they are very tough to find. They've been doing this in baseball products very successfully over the years. This is an interesting wrinkle that I have not seen in a football set yet. People love rare cards and having a SP makes for an interesting collector's item, especially down the road as this set gains some age. I really like the other subsets like the 1986 and 1969 rookie designs as well. This appeals to long time collectors like myself that have an appreciation of history when it comes to the football cards of the past. Although I'm a set collector that enjoys opening new boxes I enjoy nods to the past such as these very much. Last year's 1984 rookie subset was very cool since 1984 was such an iconic football set. The diecuts numbered to 50 were even sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment