Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Today's "Hit" addition, a 2013 SP Authentic Basketball Ryan Kelly Auto


Today's addition is a beautiful SP Authentic autograph of Ryan Kelly, a RC for the LA Lakers. This card is significant because it's my first non-football autograph I've added to my collection in a long time. Despite the fact that UD does not have any NBA licensing this card looks really striking. It could be the way the blue and the gold offset each other. It could also be that gold used to be the color normally reserved for cards of a lower print run and so it just has that "special" look to it even though it's just the base autograph. I mentioned before that I got a 2 for one special on this card so I figure I'll try to flip the other one and maybe get a free card out of the deal. If not, I'm not too worried about it because it's a cool card! I've always been partial to the Lakers ever since the late 1990's when I was chasing Kobe Bryant cards like mad. I wished that I had kept on that route because Kobe is one of the premier players that has ever played the game. He's one of those rare players that actually lived up to the draft hype.

Got another blue wave refractor from 2013 Topps Chrome Football coming in so I'll post that when I get it in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment