Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Been a little while but here's today's posting.


Today's card is nothing special, just a base card from the 2014 Contenders that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I do rather like the design on these cards. I even like the large writing for the "SEASON TICKET" even though usually this would be a design no-no, in this particular instance I think it works well. The faded logo in the background looks perfect; couple that withe the flag type pattern and gradient and to me this is a home-run of a design. I think there may be hope for our friends at Panini after all. We had better hope so because in 2016 we may have to rely on all of their brands or just buy vintage. I hear that many people say they won't buy wax when Panini has the sole license but I think many of these collectors are full of it. We'll see what happens at that point but I really don't think wax sales will suffer all that much. Keep putting out cards like this and we won't have to worry about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment