Tuesday, February 24, 2015

6th card for my 1998 Topps Chrome Refractor set comes in


Here's card # 6 out of 165 cards that I need to complete what I think is an iconic set. I really like how the base cards and the veteran cards are easily identifiable by the side bar (rookies get a wave in the name bar and vets get the curved name-bar as you see above.) This set will take quite a while complete as I'm waiting to get a card in the mail before I bid on the next. Right now I'm knocking out the cheapest ones to allow my funds to build up enough to get the higher dollar cards like the Manning and the Moss. Keeping in mind that these cards came 2 per box I've already gotten the equivalent of 3 boxes worth of these refractors. Westbrook is shown as a second year player here. He was a pretty good rookie as evidenced by being included in such a small set but went on to only have a short career (5 years) before injury or some other factor forced him out of the NFL. Unfortunately Google isn't too much help on what happened to him but this card pictures him as a young star on a Lions team that was pretty decent at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment