Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Today's card, 2014 Topps Chrome Giovani Bernard #63A


Today I'm adding a base card from 2014 Topps Chrome, this is actually my first base card from the set that I'm adding. The rest have been inserts, a printing plate 1/1 and some low level autographs. Bernard certainly looked promising last year but has been overshadowed in 2014 by rookie phenom Jeremy Hill. Bernard's cards have softened in value quite a bit as a result. The door was opened as usual by injury to the second year running back and Cincinnati discovered just how good Hill was. It didn't help in the playoffs though, the Bengals are the first team in NFL history to get bounced out of the first round four years running. I don't know if people remember just how bad the Bengals were before Marvin Lewis took over, some might think his job is on the hot seat at this point because of the lack of playoff wins. It happened to Mike Shanahan because of a similar situation in Denver so I guess anything is possible. If I were a Bengals fan I'm not sure if I'd rather shake things up with a new coaching staff or be in the same situation again. Things could be worse. They could be 4-12 like they were most of the 80's and 90's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment