Monday, October 26, 2015

The newest Chrome card awaits!

Today's card is an insert from 2014 Topps Chrome called the "1965" variant. These "tallboy" cards are pretty fun to look at although the Chrome technology ruins any illusion of it actually being an old card. The famous Joe Namath rookie, one of the better football cards to own comes from the real 1965 set. This Aaron Murray card could be a beast one day if he ever gets the chance to play. This card was pulled from the box I bought in August and is finally being revealed today. It's the third one in my Tall Boys set; the two others were pulled in my January case break at the local card store. I really like the colors and layout of this although I, like many other collectors are somewhat annoyed by odd sized cards as they make storage and display more difficult than the standard 2.5" x 3.5" trading card size.


No comments:

Post a Comment