Sunday, June 8, 2014

Another Autograph for the Blue Wave Set!


Normally I don't get all excited over an autograph of an offensive lineman and you shouldn't either. I do like to get cards for my set that I could have easily overpaid for at their true value though. I think this one falls under that category. Last month I was thinking about hitting the BIN on a card just like this for 15.00 and free shipping. Seems fair for a card numbered to 50 AND hard signed, right? I also know that these cards will dry up the longer I wait. Luckily there are so many cards to chase of every top draft pick every year that Chiefs fans have far too many cards to worry about of Eric Fisher to really drive up the price on this. For that reason I waited a little bit and found one as an auction format ending for less than half of what I might have paid for it.

For all of you aspiring card dealers out there, this is precisely why BINS can be a good idea. You may have a collector like me who occasionally loses patience with the auction style and they may be willing to sacrifice getting the card at a cheaper price in favor of getting it now. I've gone this way in the past quite a few times, especially when I'm near the end of completing a set and I just want to put the final pieces into my collection. It has been a while since I've completed a lengthy and difficult set, the last one I did was the 2008 Spx football main set and it took me 4 years to do. For a while I was considering putting together the holy grail of football collections, the 1997 UD Legends autograph set. I realized with some cards coming in at over 800 dollars (the Walter Payton comes to mind) it probably just not doable right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment