Thursday, August 20, 2015

11 % of Base card set complete (2014 Topps Chrome Blake Bortles RC AU Challenge)

Today's card is 2014 Topps Chrome # 55 Josh Gordon of the Browns. This brings me another card closer to the base card set completion date and another card for the master set.

As I've researched the elusive Bortles card I'm seeing just how short printed it really is. So far I've watched a total of 30 boxes broken on YouTube and have not seen a single one pulled; I'll continue to keep track of this as I have time to watch the videos. I see how over produced the cases really must be because there are very few color autographs that are being pulled, even just the refractors that are numbered to 150. I usually see about 1 sepia card per case so by this math we see that 99 * 220 (the total number of base cards) = 21780 we can probably surmise that there were close to 22,000 cases of this product made, or around 250,000 boxes. Seems crazy but this would explain the difficulty the average collector has in pulling anything good from these packs.




2014 Topps Chrome # 55 Josh Gordon

Group Break January 2015

Base set 11% complete

No comments:

Post a Comment