Tuesday, July 23, 2013

First Autograph in a while....

So here's the only autograph I pulled in the case break. I got three Jonathan Hefney cards and what I've noticed about Donruss Threads is that they have a scattershot approach to how these cards are numbered. This card is numbered to 928 copies. Compared to 1999 Spx where most of the rookie autographs were numbered to 1999 copies that's pretty low. The rest of the cards in this set seem to be numbered much lower. The Kieth Rivers for instance was numbered to 120. Malcolm Kelly from 2008 Donruss Threads came in at a scant 100 copies. I can't figure out why they were numbered so randomly. I suppose it is like a numbered version of Contenders where some are really rare. Numbering sort of takes all the fun out of guessing what the SPs are though. That's why Contenders has been such a flagship brand over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment