Friday, April 11, 2014

A pair of Blue Wave refractors from the Cowboys and Jaguars



Tony Romo is one of those controversial players, you either love him or hate him. Plagued by the regular season greatness and big-game choke artist reputation you can't deny that he's the best QB the Cowboys have had since Aikman.

Cecil Shorts III busted out on the fantasy and real world football scene in 2012 with eyepopping stats. He's one of the few Jaguars I would put on my fantasy team and being a top receiver on a bad team always trying to play catch-up it's easy to see why.

While I really like these bluewave cards a couple things might have made this insert set even better. I would have liked these cards to be numbered. We know they are rare, but just how rare are they? I think they are not getting the proper respect they deserve in auctions because people are assuming that they are only a little more rare than the unnumbered regular refractors. Weird decision for topps not to number these but to number the rookie autograph versions. Another cool thing would have been to have some veteran auto content. Weak 2013 football sales could have been much better if you could pull a Peyton Manning or Drew Brees auto out of one of these packs. Would the price have to go up a little bit? Probably so but I think Chrome would still have a rabid following. Finally I would have loved to see some vintage players in this set. A Jim Thorpe Blue Wave refractor out of this set? Would have been phenomenal and I'm sure you'd all agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment