Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Today's addition, by far my best Polamalu card to date


Today's card that I'm adding to the stash is a 2013 Topps Chrome Blue Wave Refractor #123 Troy Polamalu. Because most of the complete sets I've worked on so far have been extremely rookie oriented (like the 1999 Spx, 2000 Spx and 2008 Spx sets that I've completed) I don't have many star cards other than if they happened to be rookies and made it that year or if they were in the base set. Since this is a rare refractorit's a bit better than the common base cards that he usually shows up in although he does seem to show up in most sets. He's obviously the most popular Steeler outside Roethlisberger and the Steelers have a huge fan and collector base all over the country. I've pretty much ignored this team in my collecting habits since I'm mainly a set collector first and a Bronco collector second. His 2003 Spx RC might be one that I get if I ever get around to completing that set. That one's famous for having the Romo and the Sp Authentic is even better with Romo's card being autographed.

Checking in my collections I have the base 2013 Finest, the base 2008 Spx and a card from a 2009 Steelers Superbowl commemorative set out of Donruss. This is my fifth Blue Wave card, just 275 more to go! This could take a while but with money and patience I'm determined to put it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment