Sunday, April 27, 2014

Today's card, another Jaguar Free Agent QB...


Today's card is #153 Matt Scott of  the Jaguars. Now this card as well as tomorrow's addition I got in trade on Beckett.com. I'm such an old schooler on there that I really didn't take advantage of the trading opportunities that are actually pretty awesome on there. I had a couple of rookies of Dennis Pita and Haloti Ngata in my "for sale bin". Problem with my bin is that I have so many cards at this point I'll have a tough time selling them all off. I'd much rather trade for a card I actually need for my collection. I like how Beckett has streamlined the process so that you can send messages to your trader, check on the status of the shipment and leave feedback. Much better than the no-holds barred method of 5 or 10 years ago. I encourage you fellow football fanatics to check it out.

I'm excited about last night's hockey game even though my DVR fucked up the recording. I did not get to see it (one problem with recording live sports and watching them later) as the event was mislabeled, but apparently Nathan Mackinnon had another HUGE night, securing an overtime goal in the Avalanche's home win against the Minnesota Wild. I caught highlights of it on NHL.com and can only imagine what this is going to do for the young phenom's card values. Almost makes me want to go get a box of Certified Hockey if my shop has it just to see if I can pull one of these rookies. I'll let you guys know if the urge wins me over...

No comments:

Post a Comment