Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Today brings another Blue Wave Refractor of Titans QB Jake Locker


Today's card is 2013 Topps Chrome Blue Wave Refractor Jake Locker #56. This is my 11th card to the set leaving me with 269 more to go including the autographs. I've set up two collections in my Beckett Organize, one with the cards I've added to the Blue Wave collection and another where I see what cards I have left. This is a handy tool to see what cards have been purchased and to help me make a plan for getting the autographed cards. I've found the best strategy for completing sets is to get the cheapest cards first. While you do run the risk of the expensive cards getting too far out of reach this honestly doesn't happen very often. Usually what you are doing is allow the overhyped players to come back down to earth when they get injured, the team does bad or interest moves on to the newest hottest set. I imagine once some of the licensed 2014 sets come out we're going to see a massive fall off for demand for any 2013 cards with the exception of 1 to 2 players, probably Eddie Lacy and Geno Smith. Everyone else's cards will likely be able to be gotten for much less as time goes on. I've been collecting long enough to see these cycles happen over and over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment