Saturday, December 13, 2014

Another pair of cards from 2004 Topps Chrome



Here's the next couple of cards I've added to my collection. The 2004 design is so clean and the refractor version is even better as you can see. This 2004 set is larger than the last few base sets in Topps chrome with the 2004 set being 275 cards deep and 2013 and 2014 having 220 cards. The flagship base Topps sets are always considerably larger than the chrome sets. I would imagine this is for condensed product although the chrome has more variation refractors to chase. Back in 2004 there were only 4 variations. The black was always my favorite back then because it looks so classy. The black still has that appeal now but I'd say my favorite refractor now has to be the sepia. The team logos look so much cooler when everything is muted to a monochromatic scheme like this.

This is what I'm talking about:


How cool is this card?


No comments:

Post a Comment