Monday, December 15, 2014

First card from 2014 Topps Chrome, one of the 73 RC autographs...


Most people would complain that this is a seventh rounder that will probably never become anything. Personally I like the card because the autograph is on-card and the piece is very well designed. I did a case break at Mike's Stadium Sports cards and bought 3 spots (Patriots, Bills and Cowboys) I didn't hit any of the autographs so I grabbed this one on Ebay for a few dollars as I mentioned in a post last week. While our case certainly wasn't very awe inspiring I'd like to remind people that this is a hobby. If you go into it expecting to make money, unless you are more savvy than most, don't expect to. Certainly you're not going to make money breaking boxes of cards. I got quite a few cool cards in the process, had fun and since I didn't hit any autographs I just made use of Ebay which is full of the rippers and flippers. Many people sell their cards for whatever reason and I got the hit out of a 50.00 box for a few bucks. What's to complain about? The hobby is much different than it was even 10 years ago and we just have to adapt. I like a combination of box breaks and Ebay since you get the best of both worlds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment